Here at purple daisies we take the safety of our products very seriously. We have worked in partnership with the world’s largest product safety experts, INTERTEK, to ensure we meet all the necessary UK Safety Standards.
The No. 1 safety concern for traditional guards is ‘entrapment’. This is when the child gets trapped between the edge of the bed and the bed guard. If the traditional guards are properly assembled and fixed into place then entrapment won’t happen but we know that sometimes parents struggle with the assembly and then have trouble fixing the guard in place.
With The Bed Bumper you have none of these potential safety concerns as there is no assembly, no screws, poles or clamps and no need to ‘fix’ the guard into place. With The Bed Bumper under the sheets there are NO SAFETY ISSUES.
The Bed Bumper contains no harmful chemicals such as Antimony or Arsenic .Please rest assured that any chemicals that were used in the production of The Bed Bumper are entirely harmless to your baby, toddler or child. As recommended by INTERTEK our unique product has been tested to the European Toy Standard EN71 and in particular Part 3 which deals with the ‘Migration of certain elements’ and specifically to the migration of 19 different Metals and Substances. Put simply The Bed Bumper does not contain any substances in any quantity that could harm your baby, toddler or child whist they sleep with it in the bed, or even play with it directly.
- Fire Retardant to UK Safety Standard BS5852
- Meets all applicable sections of UK Safety Standard for Bed Guards BS7972
- Meets all applicable sections of UK Safety Standards for Toys EN71
- No danger of entrapment –No screw, clamps, poles or hard edges
- The non slip texture of The Bed Bumper keeps it in place all night long.
- 100% New, Pale Yellow*, CHILDSAFE Polyurethane Foam - (H 11.5cm X W 12.5cm)
* The colour of the foam can vary to darker shades of yellow. This is a normal colour variation found in foam and in no way will affect the performance of The Bed Bumper.